2024 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - September 6/7, 2024

Croc

Registered. Even bought registration insurance this time. Felt appropriate.

Track day car insurance is still not something I've committed to. Maybe if the forecast looks rainy I'll consider adding it on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Registered. Even bought registration insurance this time. Felt appropriate.

Track day car insurance is still not something I've committed to. Maybe if the forecast looks rainy I'll consider adding it on.

Same thing I'm doing, let's see how it goes. NjMP has ample runoff.

So I reached out to Joe (name listed on motorsport reg) with my driving resume and he said:
"Thank you for providing your high performance driving history/performance.  

Are you a Member of the USA7s?  If so, please advise who can vouch for you?

These events are closed to the public and are only for NJMP Drivers Club Members and their invited guests.  The USA7s drivers are by invitation of the USA7s group organizers who are also Drivers Club Members."

Have I wandered into the wrong place? I'm not a Drivers Club Member, does that mean I can't come run?

On 6/13/2024 at 9:13 AM, Croc said:

As in prior years, the NJMP Drivers Club is fully responsible for operating the day. Provided we have more than 10 cars sign up, they have generously allocated HPDE sessions to participants that will be Se7en only.

If we do not get 10 cars then likely we will be grouped in the open wheeler group.

Welcome to USA7s @Bombardius 

I quote from the original instructions to this thread - first page - its se7ens only.  NJMP are not comfortable with se7ens running with regular cars (2 or 4 doors, roof, enclosed wheels) on the events they organize.  This is particularly so for large groups of them.  This is for safety reasons of their choice which they have the right to make - I respect that - its not a topic for public debate here.  They do allow other organizers to run different rules but its their risk if it goes wrong.  Given we are their guests we follow their rules.  If we do not like it then we are free to go to another track day organizer or a different track.  

That means an S1 Elise, no matter how much I genuinely love them, is not eligible to run with se7ens at this event.  In the event we do not get our own run group then I expect (as with prior years) se7ens will run with the open wheelers and the rules for open wheelers are identical to se7ens - no running with regular cars on track. 

Can you please Private Message me offline with a name/phone number so we can talk offline by phone.  I am sympathetic to your position but want to explore if there is another solution. 

Unfortunately my car is loosing oil pressure and I am not going to be able to run this time. I will probably come up Friday and see everyone. I went to Dominion last weekend and my car ran great with the Tracsport gear box and no other issues. Unfortunately in the third session the oil pressure was down to 20 pounds in the corners and only 40 on the straits.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CarlB said:

Unfortunately my car is loosing oil pressure and I am not going to be able to run this time. I will probably come up Friday and see everyone. I went to Dominion last weekend and my car ran great with the Tracsport gear box and no other issues. Unfortunately in the third session the oil pressure was down to 20 pounds in the corners and only 40 on the straits.  

Check the sender. How did it feel?

Thank you for the advice. I have checked. I have a digidash and it sends an alarm when the pressure falls to 20 PSI and the engine speed is above 2000 RPM. Cold start up is 80 PSI. Running hot at high speed is 40 PSI and should be over 50 PSI. Idle hot is 20 PSI. I suspect my oil pump.  

Well I did a warm up event this weekend at Gingerman Michigan, hopefully I left all my bad luck there. I broke a throttle cable, the nipple came off. My 3d printed throttle pulley decided to turn onto a wet noodle. The main ECU fuse blew and a tire exploded on the trailer on the way home. Getting towed in sucks, getting towed in twice really sucks:) But still a fun weekend with some friends from Chicago. 

See you in a couple of weeks

Graham 

PXL_20240826_154639266[1].jpg

PXL_20240826_203036728[1].jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

• Shocked 3

@Vovchandr  You are showing up as a having registered twice on Motorsportreg.com?  Look at the entries screen.  Please check that its not duplicated on one day and empty on the other?  If you need a fix please let me know so I can loop in Joe Mills. 

31 minutes ago, Croc said:

@Vovchandr  You are showing up as a having registered twice on Motorsportreg.com?  Look at the entries screen.  Please check that its not duplicated on one day and empty on the other?  If you need a fix please let me know so I can loop in Joe Mills. 

@Croc I believe the second name is for my +1 of Paige, which is why there's not a car next to that name.

In previous years she had her own profile and registered as a non driver.

This year it appears what while I'm registering as a driver I have to add non driver on the same screen.

On 8/26/2024 at 9:21 PM, fastg said:

Well I did a warm up event this weekend at Gingerman Michigan, hopefully I left all my bad luck there. I broke a throttle cable, the nipple came off. My 3d printed throttle pulley decided to turn onto a wet noodle. The main ECU fuse blew and a tire exploded on the trailer on the way home. Getting towed in sucks, getting towed in twice really sucks:) But still a fun weekend with some friends from Chicago. 

See you in a couple of weeks

Graham 

PXL_20240826_154639266[1].jpg

PXL_20240826_203036728[1].jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

I'm with you. Shakedown cruise had the car randomly lose power and had the car running really hot (ecu was hot to touch), although temp gauge said 82 degrees.

Power bleeding the coolant system this week, then hopefully the ECU link will cooperate so I can figure out this random power loss and will be at NJMP. 

The crunch continues, I hope to see you there!

This is how I entered Paige this year

image.png.b7301e3daed9bdc2afe563a8db064c84.png

It appears I can go through and still register her entirely as solely non-driving member only

image.png.1092ffb0e32c9f3805295fcc26923951.png

Would you like me to do that instead?

The current total price was $377 for each day. $325 for me with member attending + $50 for guest.

Edited by Vovchandr

@Croc

So I just called motorsportsreg and left a voicemail.

It appears there are two avenues to add a non driver guest.

1) As a "+1" under your regular motorsports reg account or

2) Non driver has their own account and registers as a non driver for that day.

Typically I went with option 2 in the past. This year I went with option 1. I don't believe it matters but correct me if I'm wrong.

My name coming up twice under registration list is confusing for sure. One has a car, other doesn't. I assume the other is my +1.

Anybody else bringing a +1 to confirm this?

2 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

@Croc

So I just called motorsportsreg and left a voicemail.

It appears there are two avenues to add a non driver guest.

1) As a "+1" under your regular motorsports reg account or

2) Non driver has their own account and registers as a non driver for that day.

Typically I went with option 2 in the past. This year I went with option 1. I don't believe it matters but correct me if I'm wrong.

My name coming up twice under registration list is confusing for sure. One has a car, other doesn't. I assume the other is my +1.

Anybody else bringing a +1 to confirm this?

Looks like Joe got involved in the email chain and said that I'm all set and the duplicate name will be addressed by them within the system.