steve_b Posted September 25 Posted September 25 So, my recently purchased Sigma 140 has ceased to move due to a clutch problem - likely a failed concentric slave cylinder or other associated parts that live inside the bellhousing. The Googles tell me that this will involve pulling/hoisting the engine out, which may be beyond my current level of DIY (unless I have no other option). My normal mechanic is hesitant to take on the job due to his unfamiliarity with the some of the aspects of the car, but also because his lifts are unsuitable to Caterham frame (it would have to press against the body panel covered parts. Does anyone here have recommendations for a shop in New England, preferably near Boston/Worcester that is comfortable working on this? Someone who could install a dropped floor as well would be a plus.
steve_b Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 7 minutes ago, wdb said: https://timemachinesmotorsports.com/caterham-cars/ Thanks, I've been in touch with Greg, but was hoping for something a little closer to home.
Croc Posted September 25 Posted September 25 @Anker @11Budlite @Vinman1 @NSXguy Calling you for this one.
Origin7 Posted September 25 Posted September 25 These guys know their stuff. They are in Ayer, MA. https://ktrmotorsports.com/
11Budlite Posted September 25 Posted September 25 2 hours ago, Origin7 said: These guys know their stuff. They are in Ayer, MA. https://ktrmotorsports.com/ I agree, KTR would probably be the best option closest to the Boston/Worcester area. 1
Carz01 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 I agree with KTR and have used them in the past, and they can do everything..
Ian7 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) If I couldn't do a particular task myself, I'd take the Caterham to a race shop that specializes in formula cars. They'll be much more sympathetic to the car than some "tire and lube" shop. edit: that's not a slight on KTR, I know nothing of them, I was speaking generically. Edited September 26 by Ian7
Marek Posted Tuesday at 05:27 AM Posted Tuesday at 05:27 AM Another recommendation for KTR. The only other shop in the area I can recommend with confidence is Boston Sportscar in Weston. For both KTR and Boston Sportscar, the work you describe will be routine. Whereas for most shops it risks stretching their familiar skills and comfort zone (despite being a fairly easy job).
steve_b Posted Wednesday at 08:13 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 08:13 PM On 9/29/2026 at 1:27 AM, Marek said: Another recommendation for KTR. The only other shop in the area I can recommend with confidence is Boston Sportscar in Weston. For both KTR and Boston Sportscar, the work you describe will be routine. Whereas for most shops it risks stretching their familiar skills and comfort zone (despite being a fairly easy job). I swung by Boston Sportscar earlier this week, but they said they couldn't work on a 7 because their 2-post lifts can't handle such a narrow car. I'm probably going with KTR.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now