Week Beginning December 19, 2021

Regular standalone forum ads can be found here:

Cars For Sale - USA7s

NEW

Lotus 7 S1

Hemmings Auctions | 1957 Lotus 7

REPEATS

Stalker

1962 Lotus SuperStalker Spec Sheet (race-cars.com)

Lotus 7

1962 Lotus Super 7 | eBay

and here

1962 Lotus | Hemmings Motor News

Diva 7

1957 Lotus Diva | eBay

Stalker Project

Stalker AXR Roller with many extras for Sale in STAUNTON, VA | RacingJunk

Lotus 7

1962 Lotus Super 7 for Sale in CHATSWORTH, CA | RacingJunk

Replica

CA Registered Lotus 7 Repilica for Sale in LANCASTER, CA | RacingJunk

and here

Marketplace - 2020 Lotus 7 replica | Facebook

Caterham

2006 Caterham Super 7 Caterham Super Sprint 1700 | Hemmings Motor News

Caterham

2020 Lotus Caterham Super Seven 1600 | Hemmings Motor News

Westfield

Hemmings Auctions | 2016 Westfield Other

Lotus 7A

1962 Lotus 7A Roadster | Hemmings Motor News

Stalker

1962 Lotus Super Seven Roadster | Hemmings Motor News

Caterham

Caterham Inventory — Beachman Racing

Lotus 7 S2 and Caterham

INVENTORY (rockymountaincaterham.com)

Rotus 7

Marketplace - 2000 Lotus Rotus Seven | Facebook

Caterham

Marketplace - 2008 Lotus Caterham R400 Superlight | Facebook

Replica Project

Marketplace - 1987 Lotus Seven | Facebook

Replica

Marketplace - 1957 Lotus Elise Coupe 2D | Facebook

Stalker

Marketplace - 1962 Lotus Elise Coupe 2D | Facebook

Mitsuoka Zero

Marketplace - 1994 Lotus mitsuoka zero1 | Facebook

Caterham

Lotus/Caterham Super 7 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Dutton 7 Project

Reduced Lotus 7 project - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

CANADA

Westfield

Manik Sportscars - Purveyor of Exotic Sportscars From Around The World (manikllc.com)

MCC 7

LocostUSA.com • View topic - MCC 7 for sale

Given this is the slow season for selling se7ens, this post will take a break until the New Year.  

I want to take this opportunity to wish all USA7s Club members and their families the best for the Holidays and the New Year!  

On 12/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, Croc said:

CROC - THANKS for all your great work year-round on this post.  On BAT, I was bidding on the mid-engined V8 powered Deronda, on which you commented several times.  I missed the Deronda the last time (I was selling some investments, and my deal failed to materialize in time), and suddenly it become available again.  I negotiated with the wife, advising her that I would try to buy it, and if successful, would immediately sell my recently acquired R400 Superlight Caterham (IMAGED BELOW).  I was among the final bidders, but waited too long on one response, then mistyped my bid, and before I could correct, I was out.  The Deronda had great provenance - it was the very car featured in a Jay Leno's Garage video that was highly acclamatory.  Plus, it's a great design - reminds my of Shinoo Mapleton's Draken.  Merry Christmas!!!

Week Beginning December 19, 2021

Cars For Sale - USA7s

NEW

Lotus 7 S1

AND ETC.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, Croc said:

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (7).jpg

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (9).jpg

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (10).jpg

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (15).jpg

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (16).jpg

Bruce, I went over to BAT and looked at the Deronda which I was totally unfamiliar with. It is just my opinion, but I think your Superlight R400 is sooooo much more attractive. The Deronda is sort of appealing from the front but looks fugly to me from the rear. Things have a way of working out an you still retain a very fast car that has parts support. It would seem to be a nightmare to have to source some of the body parts if they got pranged on the Deronda. Your R400 will get you in all the trouble you can handle:classic_rolleyes: BTW, what is the source/name of that third stop light that is on your roll cage?

Edited by Astro Bob

17 hours ago, Astro Bob said:

Bruce, I went over to BAT and looked at the Deronda which I was totally unfamiliar with. It is just my opinion, but I think your Superlight R400 is sooooo much more attractive. The Deronda is sort of appealing from the front but looks fugly to me from the rear. Things have a way of working out an you still retain a very fast car that has parts support. It would seem to be a nightmare to have to source some of the body parts if they got pranged on the Deronda. Your R400 will get you in all the trouble you can handle:classic_rolleyes: BTW, what is the source/name of that third stop light that is on your roll cage?

Astro Bob - Thanks for the very reasonable and practical condolences.  My wife evinced a similar opinion.  Both of my other cars are too custom and too costly to repair for use on the track,  She said, if I had concluded the Deronda sale, I would own a third car that I couldn't risk.  Fair enough.  So often, God in His wisdom has intervened in my life, to my great good fortune, and, on balance, I believe losing the Deronda was another such instance. 

And how are you doing?  You were experiencing random thoughts regarding the purchase of a Caterham - has this happened?  Was that the reason for your question regarding the racing/wet light on my Cat?  Hope so!  In any event, the light is manufactured by Lifeline.  Here's a link to a listing on Amazon for the same light:  https://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-Racing-Weather-Safety-Formula/dp/B07BP9XV3H

And here's a closer image of the Lifeline light:

Caterham R400 S3 chassis, Dedion rr (13).jpg

I know that car - talked to the owner several times.  The car is absolutely gorgeous and practically brand-new.  This car is special - purposely smaller to more closely emulate a Super Seven, light for a Stalker, and a terrific color, too.  Great choice!  Did you keep your Corvette?  Hope so, so you have something your wife will drive in with you!

PS - love the Santa cap!

Edited by Bruce K

• 3 weeks later...

Week Beginning January 9, 2022

Happy New Year to everyone!  

Cars For Sale - USA7s

NEW

Westfield pre-lit

1985 Westfield Lotus Roadster | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S4

71 Lotus Series 7 for Sale in LAKE LEELANAU, | RacingJunk

Replica

Lotus 7 Clone/32 Ford - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Birkin

Lotus Super 7, Birkin S3 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

REPEATS

Caterham

2006 Caterham Super 7 Caterham Super Sprint 1700 | Hemmings

Westfield

Hemmings Auctions | 2016 Westfield Other

Lotus 7 S1

Lotus 7A

1962 Lotus 7A Roadster | Hemmings

Stalker

1962 Lotus Super Seven Roadster | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S2

1962 Lotus | Hemmings

and here

1962 Lotus Super 7 | eBay

Stalker

Stalker project

Lotus 7 S2

Rotus 7 

Mitsuoka Zero 7

Replica

Replica project

Marketplace - 1987 Lotus 7 | Facebook

Caterham

Replica

Marketplace - 2020 Lotus 7 replica | Facebook

Lotus 7 S2 and Caterham

Caterham

CANADA

Westfield

Manik Sportscars - Purveyor of Exotic Sportscars From Around The World (manikllc.com)

MCC 7

Week Beginning January 16, 2022

Cars For Sale - USA7s

NEW

Replica

Marketplace - 1974 Lotus - Chevy 7 | Facebook

REPEATS

Westfield pre-lit

1985 Westfield Lotus Roadster | Hemmings

Westfield

2016 Westfield Other | Hemmings.com

Lotus 7 S2

1962 Lotus | Hemmings

Caterham

2006 Caterham Super 7 Caterham Super Sprint 1700 | Hemmings

Stalker

1962 Lotus Super Seven Roadster | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S1

1957 Lotus 7 | Hemmings.com

Lotus 7A

1962 Lotus 7A Roadster | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S4

71 Lotus Series 7 for Sale in LAKE LEELANAU, | RacingJunk

Lotus 7 S2

Stalker Roller project

Stalker

Rotus 7

Caterham

Replica project

Marketplace - 1987 Lotus 7 | Facebook

Replica

Mitsuoka Zero

Stalker

Marketplace - 1962 Lotus Elise Coupe 2D | Facebook

Lotus 7 S2 and Caterham

Caterham

Replica

Lotus 7 Clone/32 Ford - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Birkin

Lotus Super 7, Birkin S3 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

CANADA

Caterham Hayabusa

Caterham Canada - Caterham 1700 Super Sprint (Barn Find) (7cars.ca)

Westfield

MCC 7

Deman SR7

2013 Deman SR7 - Lotus 7 Kit - Caterham CUSTOM | Cars & Trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

OMG, that "Chevy 7" that is new this week - the biggest bundle of mixed metaphors I've ever seen!  Heavy, ill-handling all-season Integrity tires, a hot-rodder's wet-dream 4 barrel projecting up through a yard-square hole in the hood, a Rolls-Royce or old Jag hood ornament, metal covers added to the front a-arms (evidently for the benefit of added weight), worse aero than an S3 Caterham, a single wiper that clears only the passenger side (so, in rainy weather, they can better visualize their impending doom), and apparently exquisite build quality including custom wind wings, double-stack nerf bars, and a set of very nice taillights!  I get dizzy just looking at it!

Chevy 7 travesty.jpg

2 hours ago, Bruce K said:

OMG, that "Chevy 7" that is new this week - the biggest bundle of mixed metaphors I've ever seen!  Heavy, ill-handling all-season Integrity tires, a hot-rodder's wet-dream 4 barrel projecting up through a yard-square hole in the hood, a Rolls-Royce or old Jag hood ornament, metal covers added to the front a-arms (evidently for the benefit of added weight), worse aero than an S3 Caterham, a single wiper that clears only the passenger side (so, in rainy weather, they can better visualize their impending doom), and apparently exquisite build quality including custom wind wings, double-stack nerf bars, and a set of very nice taillights!  I get dizzy just looking at it!

Chevy 7 travesty.jpg

Don't forget the mahogany fender.

Do you think that's real wood?  Wouldn't surprise me, but I thought they were conventional fenders painted to match the steering wheel.  And apparently real wire wheels - sheesh!  But, again, in fairness, looks like incredible execution of a multiplicity of suspect ideas.  As a hot rod, it's actually pretty good, but as a sports car seeking inspiration from Chapman's Seven, it's a travesty.

Chevy '7' travesty.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bruce K said:

Do you think that's real wood?  Wouldn't surprise me, but I thought they were conventional fenders painted to match the steering wheel.  And apparently real wire wheels - sheesh!  But, again, in fairness, looks like incredible execution of a multiplicity of suspect ideas.  As a hot rod, it's actually pretty good, but as a sports car seeking inspiration from Chapman's Seven, it's a travesty.

Chevy '7' travesty.jpg

Definitely not real wood. 

Someone had a vision. Probably substance related, but still, a vision.

Ha!  But as I said, as a hot rod, there's some virtue in the enterprise.  Not enough rear tire, and wires are not compatible with torque, but should be quick, and certainly unique.  But as a sports car, FAIL!

Without any experience, I like the CSR layout in theory.  What is your experience with it?  I am thinking it was the inspiration for the Brunton Stalker XL, or perhaps the other way around.  But lots of arse and thigh room in your SV CSR, and more room for the 5 foot positions of the Caterham driving ballet, for which the tighter confines of my S3 cockpit makes me jealous.  I also believe your chassis can handle more power, and with inboard suspension, can provide higher top end due to improved aero.  All of that said, a driver can become truly one with the S3 in a completely unique way, much like a formula race car, so there are benefits to balance the space detriments.  Do you have the sequential shifter - I really wanted to buy a Cat with one of those, but none were available.

1 hour ago, Bruce K said:

Do you have the sequential shifter - I really wanted to buy a Cat with one of those, but none were available.

I have an old Quaife sequential. Honestly makes the car for me. It's rough, loud, clanky and very expensive to fix and I love every minute of it.