-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Type 30 for me please!:drool::drool::drool: Tom
-
Survived the in-law invasion on Thanksgiving and the Eagles spanked the Cowgirls, so all in all a good day! Actually did some shopping today. No lines at Home Depot and Sears, and even hit Costco to stock up for tomorrow's Christmas tree hunting party and even it was empty. Pretty quiet out on the roads tonight as well. Hope everyone is resting up for the weekend. :seeya: Tom
-
Basement is nice and toasty. Especially when the wife went down and found two towers of Slicks piled to the ceiling. Heading off to a Thanksgiving morning car show now. Great way to get out of all the cooking. :smilielol5: tom
-
Croc, watch out for sharks. :willy_nilly: They know it's Thanksgiving and I hear they like white meat. :rofl: Quiet before the storm here, 23 for dinner, 50+ for Dessert and the Eagles play the Cowgirls at 4:30pm. It's going to be interesting to see if anyone actually sits down for dinner. Go Eagles!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Tom
-
Mike, just checked the backspacing on my 10 inch wheels. 5.5 inches Tom
-
Next time go for the 2 inch hans compliant harnesses they are safer. :jester: Tom
-
Shane, it looks like once again you were the Big Dog on the track. Those Porkers didn't look like they wanted any part of you. Well Done! Tom
-
Forget that boring Ferrari, what is the white, closed cockpit car under the tent in front of the Uhaul pickup???:drool::drool::drool::drool: Tom
-
I installed mine on the bulkhead right above the ECU.
-
I have a DTA ECU on my Yellow seven. When I turn the key to the on position the pump primes and then stops. I too usually wait for the pump to stop before turning the key to the cranking position to start the car. When I assembled my car originally, I had to install a relay between the ECU and the Pump. If you have a relay in there check to see if it's connected or working properly. Tom
-
Mike, I am running the rear anti roll bar at the stiffest setting as advised by George Alderman when he set up my car. I run the green bushed 18mm anti roll bar up front. I do not run any spacers with my wheels, but they do stick out slightly at the rear archs, maybe an inch or less if I recall correctly. My car does not oversteer or understeer in my driving. Maybe I don't push it hard enough but I do think it's very balanced with the 10 inchers all the way around. Tom
-
Interesting Mike, because the 22.5x10 on 13 inch wheels is what I run on my Yellow Caterham. However I don't use any spacers. I never had any issues with it rubbing but looking at some pictures where the car is loaded heavily in a turn, there isn't much room. But I've never had any indication of contact. Tom
-
Definitely! We'll have a whole cheering section there for you. And Croc should have his GarageMahal finished by then. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Tom
-
Any time you can make Heidi blush, you did good. :rofl: Great song and delivery. a Yes from me too. :hurray: Tom
-
Awesome Mike!!! I need a set of those front cycle wings. What did you do for wing stays, as I think the ones on Karl's old/my new car would still not give me enough clearance on the inside based on my wheel backspace. :seeya: Tom
-
Well if that's the case, then my yellow car must not be over tired with 10 inch Hoosiers on all four corners then since my car handles like it's on rails and there is no understeer. My mechanic was about 3 seconds a lap faster than me and when I asked him what he thought, he said "don't change anything" I can honestly say that comparing the yellow car with my new Orange one that has smaller 8 inch front slicks that the yellow car is more stable thru the bowl on Lightning, and about 8 MPH faster thru it. Tom
-
:flag::flag::flag::flag: Thanks to all for your selfless service!!!! Tom
-
BEAUTIFUL Fall day here in Philly. 70 degrees, trees are just starting to turn and with just a slight breeze to knock a few leaves on to the road for that sense of speed shot you see on commercials. I haven't had Yellow out since I bought Blubarsax's orange beast back in July, and since it was time for the annual Pa. state inspection, I took the slicks off, took the Brooklands off and put the Street R888's on and the full windscreen on to make it street legal again. I climbed in and forgot how it fits like a glove, the S3 is definitely different than the SV. Much snugger and cozier. Also my cage is a couple inches shorter than the jungle gym that Karl needed at 6'8". No need to drop down into the seat. Cranked the key and let the fuel pump prime and it cranked and cranked and cranked then, VROOM!!!!:hurray::hurray: it fired right up and all is right with the world. Love the sound of the Kseries with the exhaust right off my left ear. Took the car out for a nice ride over to the mechanics shop and got at least 10 thumbs up or waves and a couple of honks. God I love the little car. The difference driving this one versus the Orange SV is huge. The SV seems big, softer, and more car like. The yellow S3 is tighter, harder riding and sooo much easier to drive. The clutch is very progressive, the throttle lite and full of feed back. I can't imagine the SV on the street. It's a track monster. Can't say the wind was in my hair, but it was in my mustache. :jester: Felt great to have the Caterham back out on the road. I've been tracking so much that I didn't bother to change over to street trim much. After that nice Blat I may just decide to keep both, assuming I can convince the wife. :willy_nilly: Just thought I'd share. I hope everyone can get some nice Blatting in before winter sets in. Tom
-
Napa part # 1335
-
Thinking of selling my seven for a 911. Any input?
yellowss7 replied to Robert O. Urfer's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I'll chip in my two cents. Neither are good in the snow. :jester: Both are fun to drive. The Seven will kick the crap out of a standard Porker on the track. :party: The Porsche will be a rougher ride due to the low profile tires and the rear tires will wear out at least twice as fast as the fronts. Tires aren't cheap either. The 911 has good road manners but doesn't like bumps/expansion joints. No where near as fun as the 7 on the road, but more civilized, has a radio, a/c, heated seats etc. I bought mine from a friend who was trading it in on a new one, it only had 4500 miles on it after 6 years ownership and the price was very good. I'm not a Porsche guy, I just bought it because it was a good deal. Like it don't love it. There is really no comparison to the fun of driving a se7en. IMO. Keep the se7en and buy a Honda. :jester: Tom -
Picked up the radiator at noon. $79.50 total for the test and repair.:hurray: Tom
-
Croc, you can put those eggs where the sun don't shine.:jester: I just got the call, they were able to fix it and I can pick it up tomorrow morning. :hurray::hurray::hurray: Tom
-
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::smash:
-
Very nice smooth driving!!! Looks like a nice, fun track too. Thanks for sharing. Tom
-
Went to the radiator shop around noon. They weren't too hopefully with an interior leak on an aluminum rad, but said they'd take a look. I went home, pulled it of and took it over. Neat place. Their dunk tank is from 1951 and is wooden. They don't make them like that anymore. On first dunk we couldn't see any leaks. I mentioned that it was a very small weap at 16psi, so he pulled it out, flushed it out and cleaned it out and resubmerged it and this time cranked the pressure up to 16psi. Still no leak visable, but just as he said "looks like you are lucky" he saw a very very,very small stream of bubbles. So small that I had to get almost in the tank to see them. Good news is he said he thinks he can get to it. So Fingers crossed. I should know later today or Tomorrow morning. Tom
