-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Here's a video of it in action. Note that it is LHD. I just can't figure out how you will get in it if those panels don't lift up. :willy_nilly: Tom The Caterham AeroSeven Concept - YouTube[/url]
-
I don't think it will ever be imported here, as it doesn't look like it will be in kit form. But here is a video from Caterham.
-
Here's a link to the new Caterham concept just leaked. Looks like they put some panels over an existing 7. Not sure it's living up to the Aero Concept name. Looks like it will be more of a Brick than the normal 7. IMHO. http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/1087057_caterham-aeroseven-concept-images-leaked-due-in-2014_gallery-1 Tom
-
I've been tracking the car so much the last couple of years that I really haven't had it out on the street for the last two years. I guess I've been lazy and didn't want to take the time to switch the slicks out, take the Brooklands off and put the windscreen back on, take the Petty bar and cameras off. The weather is so nice this week and I don't have any track days until October, so I got off my butt and Changed everything over to put it on the street. MY 24 year old daughter is home and decided to come along for a ride. She use to ride with me at Autocross events when she was a lot younger. Weather here in Philly is 72F, sunny and 45% humidity. Absolutely Perfect! We just got back after about a 2 hour Blat and the smiles on our faces just won't go away.:driving: Driving on the track is probably safer as most of the time we are all going the same way, but a nice leisurely drive with people waving, honking and doing double takes was a lot of fun again. Get out there and put a smile on your face. :smash: Tom:driving:
-
Wow, that looks like a great track for a 7. I bet your arms and shoulders are sore from all that turning. Doesn't look like there are any really long straights where lack of aero starts to limit a 7. Sound was very good too. Thanks for sharing. Tom
-
That sure is a nice looking yellow Caterham. :seeya::rofl:
-
Just got home from a great day on the track. Putting two new slicks on the front and rebalancing the two other wheels, seems to have resolved the shake problem. Car ran real strong today with the nice 65 degree weather. 8 more member track days left this season. Can I finish the season without buying any more tires. :cuss::cuss::cuss: On a sad note, I looks like I will finally have to retire my original brake pads after 12 years on the car, over 60+ trackdays, and 8 seasons of autocrossing. I'm still hoping to finish the season on them, but I'm going to have to monitor them closely. It's going to be close. :ack: Tom
-
Just picked up the wheels and slicks from the shop. The track that I've been running on has 11 turns of which 9 are rights and only 2 are lefts. Wear on the left side tires was apparent and for whatever reason, the tires and wheels without weights were 147 grams out of balance. :ack: I had two new slicks and those on the wheels without weights were only 46 grams out before balancing. So based on that it appears that somehow the tires ended up 100grams out of balance. Hopefully this resolves the issue. I will attempt to run another trackday on Saturday and I'll report back with the results. Thanks again for your suggestions! Tom
-
Only one car that your wife won't drive. I have 3 mine won't drive. :ack: Heck, she hasn't been out in my Caterham since I assembled it in 2000. :svengo: Trust me, she'll get over it. You just need to be patient. Tom
-
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I took the wheels and slicks over to see if they balance. Hopefully I'll get them back tomorrow and see how it feels. Tom
-
Can't remember at what speed it became apparent. It definitely shook going thru the bowl, which I take at about 75-95 mph. I definitely shook going down the front straight which was about 95 to 115 mph. Don't remember any issues while braking.
-
Aw come on, I only have 45 to 50 heat cycles on them. :ack::ack: I thought these things should last a lot longer than that. :jester: Like I said, they still have plenty of rubber left based on the wear indicators. Plus yesterday they were really nice and soft as the temp was around 80F and Sunny. Just sitting in the paddock they were hot to the touch. Heading out to the garage now to put the street tires on. tom
-
Thanks Martin. I'll put it up on the lift and check out the u joints and prop shaft. Then I'll put the street tires on, and the windscreen and take a ride around the neighborhood and make sure everyone is awake! :seeya: Tom
-
Guys, I did a couple of trackdays this weekend, and the car ran great thru the first 7 sessions, on the 8th session a shake/vibration started halfway thru the session that actually vibrated my center mirror loose and it started to turn so I pitted. I didn't feel any looseness in the front wheel bearing. The slicks were picking up a significant amount of rubber, and I cleaned the fronts off as best as possible. I didn't check the rear tires though. I went out for the next session and the shake continued so I packed it in at that point. Last time I had a shake like this I changed over to a new set of slicks an the issue was resolved. That set now has about 8 or 9 trackdays on them. They have plenty of rubber left and still seam pretty sticky. Any suggestions as to what I should check out other than the bearings, the wheel balance or the U joints? Tom
-
Hang in there Duane. I remember when I was dealing with a Frustrating dealer who I bought the kit from, and after almost 14 months, I thought that my Dream had turned into a Nightmare. But after getting sufficiently pissed and having a good lawyer send a nice little note, I eventually got it on the road. 13 years later now, the frustration was worth the wait. Plus Yellow cars are the best looking ones. :leaving: Tom
-
The "three cards short" part sounds familiar, are you sure his nickname isn't Croc? :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: As to the faster more experienced part, I think you should reserve that judgement until you actually see us drive. We are just a bunch of hackers having fun. Tom
-
First time on track for me was Barber at LOG 30. I really liked that track. Smooth, and flows nicely. The 17 hour tow to get there was a little daunting but I'd do it again if someone can get us a 7's track day there.:drool: Looks like you ate up the field of other cars. Looking forward to seeing at the NJMP sevens gathering next year. :driving: Tom
-
Mike, Tony Mills is one of the Parts managers at Caterham in Dartford. You can reach him by dialing the Caterham Uk number. Tom
-
Whoa!!! What do you mean LOTS of Drinks??? I thought you were allergic to alcohol? :jester: Almost packed. a bathing suit and some suntan lotion, do I need to pack anything else? :jester: Now my wife on the other hand needs to start removing things from the suit case as there is a 50lb limit. Maybe I should pack some advil for the backache that will follow. See you Wednesday at the Bar!!! :flag: Tom
-
I have it on good authority that the theme for the next 7s gathering will be "Mutiny on the Bounty" :willy_nilly: I just hope that Croc doesn't piss off the Natives before we get there next week. I should have never watched Shark Week all week. I think half our vacation is spent snorkeling. Tom
-
:seeya::seeya: Hi Martin. When are you going to escape that looney bin out there and come back East? You must feel like Charlton Heston as the Omega man out there surrounded by all the Zombies. :smilielol5: See if you can plan a trip to coincide with our 7's Gathering next year. Tom
-
If you mean your ITG foam air Filter. I used these guys and was very satisfied. http://www.coastfab.com/contact%20us.html I believe it was Gary who helped me size mine correctly. Tom
-
When I assembled mine, the build manual had a section that showed that you had to saw or grind off a piece of the diff that would hit the deDion tube if you didn't. I remember that the measurement of the amount of material to take off was critical as if you didn't take enough off it would still hit the deDion tube but if you took too much off it would hole the diff casing. that was early in the build process as the diff is one of the first things that went on the car. If needed I can probably dig up the build manual and post the diagram. Tom
-
Maybe. :seeya:
-
That just sucks Jim. Hard to believe that the bastard didn't have the courtesy of taking responsibility for their actions. You don't expect that kind of behavior at an event like that. Tom
