Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. I have a set of the Mike Barnby wheels on my Caterham. They are really light, but as Karl mentions, they really don't like to be banged off the Curbing at the track. Nice part is they are Three piece rims and the outside and inside rims can be changed to vary the width fairly easily and those rims are not too expensive. The Magnisium centers on the other hand are Quite expensive. But really, really light. With the Avon CR500's on the rims, full of air, and in a carboard crate, I was able to pick all four up at once. Tom
  2. GREAT NEWS Karl!!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray: I've watched that video over and over. I still can't get over how hard you hit. Great testament to the strenght of the Caterham Chassis. Tom
  3. :rofl::rofl::rofl::smilielol5: Karl, you are too funny. Tom
  4. Yeah, I got so use to You and Kitcat going off track and kicking up duststorms that I started seeing waving yellow flags everywhere I looked. :smilielol5:
  5. This was a "Drivers Club" event. During these trackdays, in the Novice group, they limit the speed on the straights to around 85mph supposedly. There is no passing, and they allow Convertibles to run without roll bars. It is not a typical trackday Novice group. As Croc said, there are alot of pretty cars that have never been on a track before and it's a chance for their drivers to get a taste of the track experience without really risking their cars, althought it is always possible to make a mistake.:conehead: In car instructors are often provided and the pace does quicken during the sessions. It is also a good way to learn the track without getting run over. The Intermidiate and advanced run groups are pretty strong, and they do often combine them in the last session of the day which requires your head to be on a swivel as the advanced group are very competent and do not hesitate to take a pass in the braking zone. In watching that GT3, I can't believe how slowly he was taking those turns on the back side of TBolt. It almost makes me want to sell my Pcar as that was really embarrassing. Tom
  6. After seeing the video, I guess I will invest in a HANs type device afterall. That was a pretty hard hit no matter what the speedo showed. Cold tires will bite you every time. Yesterday at NJMP, when Croc went out for the first session it was 38 degrees. Just have to take it easy, it's like a preseason game. The end score doesn't matter, just don't get hurt. Tom
  7. Karl, I'm glad you are ok, but I feel nauseous. When I saw that picture it tore me up. My wife heard me say "OH NO!" and came running and unfortunately, I was too slow and she saw the Picture. Now I'm getting all kinds of heat that the trackday stuff is too dangerous.:toetap05: Oh Well. Again, glad you are ok, now get it fixed!!!!:flag: Maybe the easter bunny will make a late stop and bring you more Carbon to take the sting away. :jester: Tom
  8. Enjoy!!!:party: I remember picking my boxes up at customs here in Philly, 12 years ago. I give you less than an hour after arrival to be sitting in it making Vroom Vroom sounds. :smilielol5: (It takes a while to uncrate) The other bet is how many parts are missing.:deadhorse:After all these years, the factory still doesn't have a good inventory/packing process, or at least they didn't 12 years ago. Have fun, take lots of pics and Make Blat Chat your home page. The lotus7 club of GB is a Phenomenal resource for any issues you need resovled. Tom
  9. I was in a bar the other day and the guy next to me starts talking into his hand. I asked him what he was doing and he said, he got tired of losing his cell phone so he had this new device implanted in his hand that made his hand a cell phone. The mic was in his pinky and the earphone was in his Thumb. Pretty cool. He gets up and goes to the bathroom and after about fifteen minutes I had to go, and when I walked into the restroom, there he was Spread eagle up against the wall with a roll of Toilet paper stuck up between his legs. I asked him what was going on, had he been mugged? And he said "No I'm just waiting for a Fax" :smilielol5: :rofl: Tom
  10. Congratulations Karl!!!:hurray: But with only 4 spins in 6.5 hours you are going to have to push alot harder to match, Croc and Kitcat's records. :rofl: Tom
  11. Looks like a 2.0L Duratec in an S3 Chassis. Interesting roll hoops and front lights. Looks like they were trying to copy the Levante look. Tom
  12. An S3 SV No such thing. It's either a Fat Bastard/Sumo Version or its not. :jester: Tom
  13. You should definately sit in both the S3 and the SV/CSR. The extra couple of inches make a huge difference in both fit and room in the footwell. I like the snugness of my S3, and while I feel like I am swimming in the looseness of the SV/CSR, I do like the extra room in the footwell. If you are going to be throwing the car around an autox or racetrack, you definately should see which one you feel most comfortable in. IMO Tom
  14. I usually do NJMP, however I have trailered to Barber Motorsport Park in Birmingham and Summit Point in W.V. Why don't you come on up and join the gathering of Sevens at NJMP in June? Tom
  15. Karl, if you are interested in doing the TT thing, the Lotus Cup is run at various tracks including NJMP. It's a normal trackday and a TT at the end for bragging rights. The next one is in May. http://lotuspals.ning.com/events/sports-and-specialists-njmp-spring-track-day I ran with these guys a couple of times. Nice group, well run and pretty safe. Tom
  16. Looks like I'll have to make a run to Costco to get a Large vat of the Vaseline. It's going to take a lot to grease Karl up enough for him to fit in an S3. Mike has a foot fetish so we'll let him figure out how to fit your feet in the pedal box. :smash::smilielol5: Tom
  17. Oooh! Get er done!!! That will certainly boost your status on the track. Look out Duratec boys.
  18. I'm still waiting on a starter I ordered from the UK. Was supposed to be here last week, but was not shipped when promised. Don't know if it will be here in time for the track day. Had an offer to go Steelhead fishing, so if it doesn't come in in time. I'll be fishing instead. :deadhorse: Tom
  19. Mike, I thought you were looking for something with a bit more aggressive tread for your Off Roading trips.:jester: Something more akin to a tractor tire. :smilielol5: Tom
  20. Karl, are you still doing the SCCA school at the end of the month? I'm still planning on coming out to lend support. Tom
  21. Tom, on the track, I got to 125mph and I can honestly say that I've never felt the car get light. I have felt side gusts that have literally mover me over 3-4 feet. :ack: I was thinking of making some cutouts in the clams maybe with some wiremesh inserts, ala a picture of a 7 in Lowflying 2 issues ago. Don't know if it's really necessary but looked good. :cooldude: Tom
  22. Tom, I ordered my Superlight back in 2000 and speced it with Clams instead of cycle fenders. It is a widetrack and the clams do extend out to cover the Cr500's or R888's. The tread is right to the edge of the clams, but they do infact cover the tyres. I sent pics over to Angus when he was refurbing his car and I believe he went with the wide track and clams set up as a result. My clams do NOT cover my 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks on the wide track front. Surprise, surprise. :jester: I could be persuaded to consider the carbon clams if the price was right. Tom
  23. What year is your car? Arch built the imperial versions and Cage has built the Metric versions. I can't remember exactly that Cage took over, but if your car is older than 2005, I think it would still be Arch and therefore an Imperial chassis. Tom
  24. Found a picture of the Roadsport cage. Notice how the front post follows the line of the dash and ends on the sill just below the dash.
  25. There are two type of cages, the roadsport, and the SLR (superlightR). The roadsport cage attaches to the sill and uses the Petty strut mounting boss. The SLR cage uses a mounting point up front on the side skin below the front of the scuttle. (see the attached Pic). You will have to look and see if you have those bushes for mounting. I do believe that Caterham sells a mounting bracket for this type, but again you have to drill the skin and frame. Is your's an Imperial or Metric chassis? That also makes a difference in the Cage choice. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...