-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Probably was a Chateau La Feet. :leaving:
-
Lotus Elise S1 111S seats for sale
yellowss7 replied to Monte Busa's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
QED built the motor, Jenvey DTHTB's and a E48 DTA ecu. It's also drysumped. -
Lotus Elise S1 111S seats for sale
yellowss7 replied to Monte Busa's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Cool. I have a 196 bhp Rover K series in my Seven. If you ever decide to replace it let me know I would be interested in it. Tom -
Lotus Elise S1 111S seats for sale
yellowss7 replied to Monte Busa's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Do you have the K series motor that came with that car too? Tom -
Add me to the list of those that always wear the foam plugs. I have at least 3 sets that are in the handbrake cutout for easy access. I'm not sure that they are the best solution but they are certainly better than nothing. Tom
-
Ignorance is Bliss Steve. I had no clue that there could be issues titleing the Caterham. Little did I know that my experience was the exception. I really didn't do anything special in the process though. Maybe you used too good of a camera to take pictures of that pretty car of yours. Again that was 10 years ago. Things may have changed. Just makes our cars worth more. :jester: Tom
-
Gordon, you should come out to Gettysburg on October 8,9,10 for the Lotus Owner's Gathering. It sounds like there will be a good number of 7's both original and Clones. http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5176
-
I built my Caterham in 2000 and the registration process then was fairly straight forward. Although the guy at the tag place said "good luck buddy" when I submitted my paperwork. When it came back approved he acted surprised it went thru on the first pass. Today I believe that it is still pretty straight forward, except that now you have to take it to specified garages for the initial inspection. http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/inspections/recon.shtml Where in Pa are you? Tom
-
In my limited experience, (2 track days) the 25 minute sessions I did at NJMP and Barber MSP were more than enough for me. Depending on the heat level, and concentration level, personally, I found that I was ready to come in by the end of the 25 minutes. As for cost comparison, last year's Log event at Barber was $250 and the one I just did at NJMP was $300. 4 sessions at Barber and 5 at NJMP. Lunches were included at those prices too. If you had 10 to 15 cars you could do 3 groups of up to 5 cars at the price point equal to the above. Tom
-
Full fall colors in this area is usually around mid to late October. Weather if it doesn't rain will be in the 55-70 range during the days and great cool nights. Great time of year. Tom
-
Mike, I'm going to book the TravelLodge too. I plan on doing the drivers meeting at the Eisenhower, and then get on the road and do dinner at the Texas Steakhouse. Maybe those that are staying there will want to meet up for dinner there. Tom
-
Also you may want to watch the angle of the ramp as clearance is limited as the car enters the trailer. Tom
-
Ok, Dean, you can add me to the list. I mailed my registration form and check in today. Tom G.
-
Jon, Last year, there was a tech sheet that you had to have your mechanic sign off on, I don't remember an actual tech inspection at the track. You turned the form in at registration. Again last year, at the Sunday evening drivers meeting, Run groups were assigned, winscreen stickers handed out and Helmets were checked for SA 2000 or newer compliance. At the track on that monday, there was a brief meeting and then the three run groups were staged. I also recall them requiring arm restraints for you and your instructor. I recommed finding a couple of good Summit point track day videos on YouTube and watch them until your eyes bleed, and you can visualize and memorize the track. Maybe Michael D has a few good ones posted up. I still plan on spending the night closer to the track. Just have to decide on the Travellodge recommended on the LOG Site or the HI express that Michael pointed out. The Travellodge supposedly has good trailer parking which is a factor for me. Tom
-
Looking at the agenda for Log 30, I noticed that there is a drivers meeting PRIOR to dinner on Sunday evening at the hotel in Gettysburg. The track is listed as about an Hour and a half from the hotel. Question for those doing the track day and planning on staying near the track in Winchester Sunday night, are you planning on doing the buffet dinner after the drivers meeting or just getting on the road to Winchester? Looking at the listing for the hotel, it looks like it's in walking distance of Cracker Barrel and Texas Steakhouse restaurants. I think I'm just going to hit the drivers meeting and get on the road and do Dinner near the hotel. Anyone else care to share their plans? Tom
-
Box, I'm thinking of getting a room on Sunday closer to Summit Point. Tom
-
I;m going. I've got the hotel reserved, just have to send in the LOG forums. Track day for me. Tom
-
Martin, you are correct it is indeed a Jaguar SS100. It's an original 1937 2.5 liter. Unfortunately it is not mine, but a good friends. It's is VERY nice. And he drives it a little. Talk about attracting attention, it gets more waves than even the 7. :cooldude: I've been in it for a couple of drives and it's a blast. I worked with this guy for 20 years, he was the Benefits Manager for the company I worked for. Below is the link for his newest project. He's building a Jaguar XJ13 that will be powered by a Hydrogen fuel cell, driving an electric motor and 22 batteries. http://www.z-type.net/home.html I've told him that it's a travesty not to have a Jag V12 in it, But He's into this electric vehicle thing. You'd like this guy Martin, he's a real builder like you. Tom
-
I always thought that this car has a similar "sevenish" look. Not a bad design for 1937. Well then again, if not "sevenish" it certainly is pretty. Tom
-
I know why Roman thinks it's sevenish, that last picture of the Red Allard's dash and Cowl is VERY similar to Roman's. (Roman Post a pic of your dash to confirm) Tom
-
Hey Al, hope all is well. If October rolls around and you are still in need of a seven experience, you can ride with us again at LOG again this year. :seeya: Hopefully you will be showing off your new ride. I hope You are not delaying the build by going to extra lengths to win the Concours event, are you? :smash: Tom
-
Roman noticed that my left brake light was out. I checked the bulb, the light block unit and the contacts on the brake master cylinder all good. Tracked it down to a wire that pulled out of the rear light assembly. Good to go for the next outing, Hopefully this will keep Roman off my tail. :smilielol5: Tom
-
You weren't kidding about no runoff area. There was one turn there that if you missed you'd end up on the track as it was coming back the other way. Tom
-
WoW that looks tight! Could be fun though. Doubt there would be any passing as it doesn't look too wide. Tom
-
QED built my motor, and if you can go the DTHTB route (direct to head Throttle Boddies) you will definately like some carbon trumpets to tart it up a bit. Here's a picture of mine. Tom
