Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Here's a short clip from NJMP, car in front is an original 65 Lotus 7. I think he was leaking oil as something was misting on my windscreen. Yeah, and I know, I'm a wuss. I lifted waaay too much. But I had fun. Tom [/url]
  2. What a great day!!! Thanks to Mike and Bruce for making it happen. The roads were fantastic, Tree Shaded, twisty and smooth. It was so great to have sevens in front and and then look in the mirror and see more sevens. :driving: Weather was great too. Now we have to find a spot that can draw in the large Maryland, Virginia group of sevens. I could hear Roman's (EvilRomeo) Turbo behind me, even over my side exit exhaust which was a little disconcerting, and I hear if you were behind him you risked getting toasted by the flames from his exhaust. Can't have much more fun that we did today, except maybe if we all get together for a track event. :seeya: Who is this Al guy that I keep hearing people referring to? Does he ever post on here?:smilielol5: Tom
  3. I'm a definate yes. See you there in the morning. Going to be a hot one. Tom
  4. Yeah, happens to the best of us. :driving:
  5. Cone deflectors for autoxing. Tom
  6. My SCCA Sportscar Magazine arrived today and as I was flipping thru it, there on page 55 is a nice size picture of Jon in his Widebody Caterham apparently holding up traffic, by the looks of the line of cars behind him. Article mentions that he's nuts. (Apparently the weather was pretty nasty and the writer thought all Solo participants were a bit batty.) :cheers: Tom
  7. A buddy of mine just called me to tell me that he saw a 7 just like mine out today on Lancaster Avenue in Lower Merion, Pa. It was a red one with a 7 grille. Anyone on here? I had mine out today too as it was a perfect sunny day, 74F no humidity and no traffic out. Tom
  8. One more try for the seat bottom.
  9. Seat bottom pic keeps failing to upload. I'll keep trying. Tom
  10. Here's one pic. Hopefully I can load the others
  11. Adam, sorry, but for some reason it won't let me upload the pictures. The process was to fill the bag with the foam beads, to a level that fills the space you are trying to fill. Test fit it to get it spread out just right. Mix the epoxy and pour it into the bag, kneeding the beads to thoroughly coat them. I used about a pint of the epoxy for the seat bottom. Again put the bag in the car and spread the beads out to fill the space and then sit in it to form the seat. Attach the vacuum to the one way valve and turn on the vacuum. Beads will squeeze together as the air is sucked out. Wait for it to cure. Before you start, put your favorite beverage, your phone, a book and some earplugs within easy reach. Also be able to reach the vacuum to turn it on and off. Took about 40-60 minutes for my epoxy to harden up. Wear long pants, because as the epoxy cures it heats up. I wore shorts and almost had to bail as it got pretty hot. I'll keep trying to post the pics. Tom
  12. Adam, I don't have a spare seat bottom for you, but just this afternoon I made a Foam bead/epoxy seat to get me lower in the car as well. I used foam beads for stuffing bean bags, a large "space saver bag" The kind you see on TV ads with a one way valve for attaching a vacuum. And a two part epoxy. Worked pretty well for an hour's worth of work and a few bucks, $15 for the foam beads, $12 for 2 bags,$24 for a quart of the epoxy and hardener. It is curing overnight and then I will cover it with some nomex cloth if this first attempt is acceptable. Tom
  13. Just an observation from your photo. I don't believe you use the pop rivets in the installation of those buttons. The Dura Dot tool you have there is what is used. Sorry if you already knew that. You will have to drill a hole in the carbon to insert the button with the post then on the other side fit the bottom button. Use the dish shaped part of the tool on the top button, and the punch tool to peen over the post. Tom
  14. Beautiful day here in Philly, 74 degrees, blue skies, and a tank full of gas.:driving: I have a track day with the Aston Martin owners club and the Lotus club on Thursday at New Jersey Motorsports Park, so I thought I would do a quick shakedown run to make sure everything is ready for the track. Great day out. Met a guy out in an MGB and had some fun in the twisties. Lots of waves and all in all a nice blat. All pressures, temps came up nicely. Just changed the R888s over to the Hoosier slicks and one final bolt and nut check and it will be ready to load in the trailer. They are accepting last minute applications for the track day if anyone is interested. Weather looks promising. Tom
  15. Yeah, one of my buddies who has a boxster did that once and I said "what's the matter?" He said, " you missed your braking point" and I said, "you're just not use to a car that handles well":smilielol5: For some reason he didn't think that was funny. Funny thing was, that I wasn't even pushing it.:cooldude: Tom
  16. Here are a couple of pics that better show that a wide track front suspension does fit with clams.
  17. Pics sent. And no there are no clearance issues even with the 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks, although they do stick out a bit. Tom
  18. I ordered my 2000 Cat from Caterham with the Wide track and Clams. To the best of my knowledge I was one of the first to do it. I sent pics to some of the guys on Blatchat to prove that it does fit. Just. Although with the 10 inch slicks, not so much. Tom
  19. Michael, Say it's not so!!!!
  20. Sounds like a call to Simon at QED is in order. Sorry for your loss. :ack: http://qedmotorsport.co.uk/the-engines/vauxhall-xe-c20xe/alloy-block In a joint venture with Millington Engineering our Aluminium Alloy Cylinder Block for the Vauxhall XE engines has been re-designed to take full advantage of state of the art casting and machining technologies. The new blocks are still designed as a direct replacement for a standard 2L block and can be used with standard components for an overall weight saving of 19kg. For an oversquare engine the alloy blocks can be supplied for a bore size up to 88mm. For ultimate capacity stroke can also be increased to 94mm giving a maximum capacity of 2.3 litres. Fixed ‘through bolt’ design provides head and sump studs for race engines. The standard mountings for a Vauxhall bellhousing are complimented by additional mounting points for the common Ford bellhousings allowing use in an even wider range of applications. QED XE Alloy Block £2450.00 + VAT Link to Vauxhall parts cataloge http://files.qedmotorsport.co.uk/vauxhall_c20xe_pricelist.pdf These guys built my K series motor. Tom
  21. yellowss7

    New Products

    I don't care who you are, "that there's funny". Tom
  22. yellowss7

    Log 30

    Do it Dean, I remember the smile on your face at Barber. :jester: I'm going to sign up again. And I'll make sure that I buy another set of arm restraints so that I don't have to borrow one of your sets again. Tom
  23. yellowss7

    Log 30

    Ok, guys, I just noticed that the Registration form and other details are now posted re: LOG 30 in Gettysburgh Pa. For those of you who might be attending, what's the plan re: Dinners? I'll assume Friday night's reception is free so for those coming in on Friday, that's a no brainer. Saturday, the lunch at the concours was a good deal last year so, again, since it's on site, another no Brainer. Saturday is the main dinner, and Sunday night is a barbeque buffet. Question is will those attending do both dinners, Saturday only, Sunday only or neither. I'm sure we could also go offsite for a dinner as a group if there was interest. How many USA7er are planning on attending? Are we going to do anything as a 7's group? Any thoughts? Tom
  24. Whoops, I meant 680 not 625. My bad. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...