Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Brad, FTD and this year so far PAX too, have been taken by Fmod F500's. A few other Nationally ranked drivers also have bested me raw time. Last year when I let one of the top drivers drive it, he set the FTD on an instructor run, first time out. The car is very capable, the current driver is still behind the learning curve.
  2. Hi Brad,:seeya: Were you also known as Yankee... on another forum? Is your seven yellow too? If so, a few years back I drove out to your place in a Lingenfelter Tahoe and you gracioulsy let me take your seven for a spin. (My neck still hurts from sitting in the passenger seat with the petty strut in place.:rofl: To answer your question. I run the Hoosier R25A slicks in size 20.0 x 9.0 x 13 they are the C3000 model. Still sticky going on their third season.
  3. Roman, you're on your own on Sunday. Daughter's graduation that takes precident. If it doens't rain on Saturday there is a nice all British car show in Ft. Washington. Tom
  4. Nope!!! Clams are clams, cycles are cycles. You'd be surprised at how big you can be and still fit in a standard S3 vs the Sumo Version. Here's a pic of the clams. I'm in Media btw. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1686475473_fall 07.JPG Clams also allow you to fit wider tyres too. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1665474106_DSC_6349 boeing july 06.jpg
  5. Demo, I have a Caterham Superlight in the Philly area if you'd like to have an upclose look. I built mine in 2000. I'd be glad to give you a ride as well. As HPC points out, the superlight was a spec, that included certain options, and the addition of other weight added parts was at the cost of adding weight. Paint for example was an option. I speced my Superlight with a windscreen (needed in Pa for inspection), a heater, (don't bother) and Clamshell wings up front. It weighs in a svelt 1164 pounds. Tom
  6. Martin, I think Jon's referring to Al. But I think Al will go with something with a little more heritage. Tom
  7. I spent the morning changing over from the slicks, to the street tires and road legal rear wings, and just got back from a nice ninety minute blat. Beautiful day, but not one other good car on the road. Where is everyone? Going from the slicks to the Avon CR500's is a huge difference. Russ, it just ain't worth it driving hard on the streets. These cars are just too capable. To get any sensation of the limit your going Waaaay too fast for the street,IMHO. I do so love the sound of going thru all six gears though. Autoxing I only get to shift into second, although I do get to rev it to 8000 rpm. I think I'm going to go back out and do my part to use up all those bogus carbon credits the prius drivers think they are saving. :bs: Have a safe Memorial day everyone. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: Tom
  8. Al, rumor has it that this is a spy shot of your next 7. I like the clams. :thumbs: Tom
  9. Al, you need some serious counselling. :_deadhorse: Seriously, that's just not right. You don't sell Family, there are laws against that!!!:rant: Tom
  10. I believe Pete Schiebel, one of our fellow auotxers took those pics. Go to Phillyscca.com and look in the Solo section for the thread on pictures from heat 1 and 2. You'll find them in there. Tom
  11. I see the problem with the oversteer Roman, it's the fat load in the passenger seat in the last 3 photos. I'm definately weighing down the right side of the car. Tom
  12. Seats and belts look good Roman. Did the mounting go as we discussed? Tom
  13. Here's one of my runs from Sunday. Still have plenty of room to improve. Just need to trust the tires and go faster. Tom
  14. Sorry it took so long. Here's one of Roman's runs.
  15. KitKat wrote: "R compounds =2-5 seconds" Agreed!!! When Michael Dougherty let me take his 7 on slicks out for a run, I couldn't believe the difference. On the Avon CR500's I was always understeering, His car on slicks was like it was glued to the ground. I bought a set before the next event. Come on over to the dark side Roman.
  16. Roman's car is really nice looking. I heard alot of people complementing it. Roman had a great attitude and will be a force to recond with once he gets the suspension set up. I rode with him on one run and the rear was pretty squirrely. We did one 360 and stayed on course and then he proceeded to power oversteer all the way around the turnaround sweeper. :thumbs: There are plenty of competitors that will give you their suggestions for improvement in both your set up and driving,if you ask them. Find the good drivers and get them to ride with you or even give you an instructors run with them at the wheel. Note the improvement in his times, 10 second improvement over the first run. I bet his face hurts right now from smiling so much. I took a video of one of his runs, I'll post it up after dinner. Tom
  17. Morgan, you've purchased an excellent 7, but you may need to do several autoxs to retrain it. It seems that in its only autox outing, it refused to follow the course for its original owner. Best of luck with it. :cheers: Tom
  18. I personally think that the seven should be the fastest car at an autox, with the possible exception of the A B or C mod cars and F125 karts. A good driver in a lesser car has a real good chance to beat a 7 with an average driver, (like me) Someone once told me that Autox requires a high level of skill to "get it right" as opposed to track day skills which require consistency. I'm getting better, had the 8 fastest time out of 144, with 4 of the faster times coming from F500's and a F125 kart. Paxed 45 overall, so a lot of room for improvement. I just need to drive harder. I'm still coasting to set up for the next gate, instead of driving hard, then braking hard. Street habits still rule in my head. I left the rear wings off because I was lazy. I put the slicks on while the car was still on the lift and I didn't have alot of room on the one side due to the tool bench and I figured no one would protest me. These cars are just so much fun to drive hard though aren't they! :7drive: Next philly event is next Sunday so they will probably still be off for that event too. Tom
  19. Here's a pic with me and Roman (evilrome0) out for a leisurely jaunt on course. Notice the smile on Roman's face. Wait and see how big that grin will be when he's driving his own. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/716264043_warminster 08.jpg
  20. With my fat butt sitting over the wheels, that ain't going to happen. I am the heaviest single part of the car. The engine only weighs 89 KG. :ack: Svelt guys like you might have a shot at it, especially with that boat anchor up front. Tom
  21. Dave's explanation of the weight requirements for DMOD is correct with one exception. For those of us with 1800cc's or less the minimum weight is 1280 pounds, plus the 40 pounds for the modified tub, for a total weight of 1320 with driver. Tom For those of you with those HUGE 1801-2000 cc motors, you pay a penalty of 100 pounds bringing your minimum to 1380 plus 40 for the modified tub, so 1420 is your minimum weight. :_deadhorse: Tom
  22. Box wrote: I don't know?? As for that video view from the Audi... so that's how the course looks in slow mo. :ack: I did have the in car camera on, but I haven't watched it yet. Will do that tomorrow and post it. That looked like a 60+++ second run. I think my best was 51.6. Tom
  23. Dave, any photos of the drive shaft hoop install? I'm jealous, great roads, great Skiing and great Fishing. Too bad I can't convince the wife to move out there. Tom
  24. Well, yesterday's weather held and the Philly SCCA region held its first autox of the season. I had loaded the 7 into the trailer without starting it, so I was really pleased that after sitting all winter, it started on the first turn of the key.:hurray: Roman,(evilrome0) showed up, unfortunately without his 7,as it is still being repaired, but he took a ride with me for a couple of runs. Only one other 7 competed, an original 62 lotus 7, but he retired after two runs with an oil leak. Felt good to knock the rust off after a long winter. Now I just have to figure out how to drive harder. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...