Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Uh Oh Al, just saw a notice that Lance has his 7 up for sale. Nice car if anyone is looking for one. EviLRomeo??? its local.
  2. WoW! Took the Beast out today for a little Blat. Changed over from 10 inch Hoosier soft compound slicks at all for corners, to Avon CR500's street tires. Got about a mile into the drive and a nice little right, left off camber combo is clear, so I take it accelerating through it. :willy: :willy: :willy: Car does a 4 wheel drift into the other lane. :surprised: No drama, flick and its back on track. Good thing I could see the lane was clear before I started. Cold tires, too much power and forgeting that the car on slicks drives slightly differernt. :smash: Felt good to drive more than 60 seconds at a time. Just miss the slicks!! Tom
  3. Does that mean Congratulations are in order? :hurray: Tom
  4. Michael, I heard this was a good event. Did you drive? Any in car camera footage? Tom
  5. Yeah, i did a quick rounded count and came in over $20 million.
  6. Mine fell off :blueangel: I guess the tape that held them on wasn't that strong.
  7. Bob, Mine was built in 2000 by QED in the UK. It's Dry sumped, and the bellhousing contains the Oil tank. (in the above pic its in the box behind the engine) You'll notice too that the sump in much smaller than the one in the King K article. That King K article drew a lot of flak in the UK. It really is light and with the Jenvey DHTB's it rev's very smoothly and freely. Key is to warm the oil up before thrashing! It's a great little motor for a light weight car like the 7. Reliability seems to be inverse to the power level. As in most engines I assume. Tom
  8. Here it is. The carbon trumpets make it real light. Bob, you can look it up. I did and found this. "The Rover engine"s compact size and weight are a significant advantage in a lightweight race/sports car of the Lotus 7 type or the Elise. Note, a full race K Series weighs 78 kg including 7 kg of fluids. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/509057773_rover k series.jpg
  9. I was in Denali National Park in Alaska for an employee awards dinner that night. Was obvioulsy asleep as it was happening, with the 4 hour time difference. Our company provided the food service in the South Tower and we supplied the employees who ran the elevators. My division lost 5 employees that day. Over 100 got out ok. Meeting with the employees and families in the week following, it was amazing to hear the stories of how some of the surviors were on the elevators with a couple of those that died. They were leaving the South tower before the second plane hit. One stopped in the lobby to make a phone call and never made it out. Our manager had gotten down from the 102 floor to the sky lobby on floor 86 or 88? with our maintance guy, Noticed he forgot his car keys and went back up. 2nd plane hit the South tower before he made it back down. :flag: Tom
  10. The K series in base tune is around 118 bhp. I think that was the rating for the base UK series 1 Elise. The SuperSport spec is 138 bhp. and This level of tune is what was referred to as the VHPD (Very High Power Derivative). It was used in the UK SLR (superlight R) caterhams. At the time I ordered it, it was the most powerful level of tune. Then they came out with the R500 with 232 bhp I've since seen several guys taking them up to around 250 bhp. But I don't think they last too long at that level. With a total car weight of 1164 lbs. it's plenty for me. Tom
  11. Only 196 bhp. 150 torque .
  12. Mazda, My 1.8L Rover K series weighs in at a svelt 187 lbs, with the bell housing!:crazy: I'm still the heaviest part of the car. Tom
  13. It's a monthly publication for members of the Lotus 7 Club of Great Britain.
  14. Roman, mines, not for sale, but if you haven't seen or sat in a Caterham, I'm in Media and would be glad to share my experience. Tom
  15. Al, my understanding is that you or I (anyone) can go to the Nationals. All you need to do is to participate in one of the National events, or buy your way in $70, in addition to the normal fee. It's not like the Olympics where you have to qualify. Competition is obviously at a higher level, but you could have a wide range of talent competing. As for Jack, I don't know. It's a 4 day event, plus an 18 hour drive out to Kansas and then back. Tom
  16. Jack won C Stock and I believe was 4th or 5th in overall pax. And He kicked my butt on the first day. I haven't seen the results for day two yet but even though the course on that day favored the higher Horsepower cars, he might have even bested me on raw time as well. :leaving: Tom
  17. The "PA State Championship" a two day event held in Harrisburg, Pa. this past weekend was a well run event. Great site, Perfect weather. Awesome courses both days. High speed, Huge sweepers, long slaloms, and gut check transitions. We even had a 50 yard long drag start on day two. Unfortunately, DMod only had two entrants, and I was the only Seven. I just downloaded my in car videos from the event and I'm too embarrassed to upload them. :leaving: I think I'm regressing. :ack: I need to work on my braking or lack of it. Video replay shows me coasting, and very late and weak on the throttle. I even spun the car in the slaloms on my first run on day 2. Michael, Dougherty I miss your competition!!! So yeah I have the 1st place trophy, but that was due to the car not me. :willy: Tom
  18. Jon, Sunday the 7th may be a possibility for me. Like I said before, I have a place just up the road in Gouldsboro that we could do lunch at. Tom
  19. Caterham 6 speed ratios 1st 2.69 2nd 2.01 3rd 1.59 4th 1.32 5th 1.13 6th 1.00
  20. Al, 6th is 1:1 on the Caterham 6 speed, so yes it's the right gear. Just sounded so smooth. Tom
  21. Alright Al, I'll bite, where were you on the Revs when you shut it down? Sounded like there was more there. Tom
  22. Al, one of the better drivers in the Philly region has a Shop called Bimmerworks. He is looking at a dyno that he said bolts to the hubs and takes away the variation due to tires, tie down straps. etc. I'm sure he'd be glad to host a day for the 7's. He wants one too, but is putting all of his money in his business. Tom
  23. Al, that's a nice flat torque curve. My limited understanding is that that's what matters. Usable power! The Yellow Breeches is a nice stream. Good White Fly hatch on right now!! Pretty good fishing all year long due to the spring fed lake across the road. Some nice twisty roads in that area too. Tom
  24. Al, I didn't upload my in car footage of my runs, but I could, if you'd like to see the course again. I tried to guess where you went OC but the course was pretty well defined. Let me know if you want to see it and I'll post it. It looks like I'm in slow mo that's why I didn't post it. Tom
  25. Yeah, that's how I did it sitting in Grid. Since it wasn't windy the umbrella actually worked pretty well. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...