Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Nicely done Dave and Bev!!!:seeya: Now if only Croc would find some time to edit the footage we all gave him. :leaving: Good news is we did talk today and had some initial discussion/Planning for the 2015 Gathering. Guess I need to get working on the cars to get the ready for the season. Hope to see you and Bev again this year. Tom
  2. Mike after that tease, surely you can start a new Saturday morning post with a listing (with Pics) of the Russian brides for sale or rent. :jester:
  3. WOW, I thought the 309 Hp Cosworth Duratec that Blubarisax built in now my Orange car was strong. Go for the sequential. I like the Sadev in my car with the flappy paddles. :cooldude: Tom
  4. Nah, my guess it's a Honda
  5. :rofl::rofl::smilielol5::smilielol5:
  6. That must be a pretty shady event, as I recognize those hooligans, Scott, Michael D. and Norm B. Definitely a Shady crew. :seeya: Tom
  7. Steve, just go buy a new Corvette. Don't chop up the S1. The hood scoop will be so high that it might even block your vision, although I guess you could raise the seats up with the room you have under your new roll hoop. :jester::seeya: Tom
  8. Nice thing about 7s is that you don't have to wash them. :jester: It is actually not easy to do. Especially rinsing them off. The most that I do is use a product that removes the tire rubber marks from the track days. Just drive it, it looks better at speed. :cooldude: Tom
  9. Any chance you have a 1.8L VHPD head you're not using? :jester: How did your upgrade to the 1.8L go? Tom
  10. Looks like another great trip MIke. My youngest gets married in May, so IF I have any money left after that little event:svengo:, we may join you again. Tom
  11. Mike is actually being modest here. My wife and I joined in on one of his vacations to the South Pacific. Let's just say that the private snorkeling trip in Bora Bora ended with a shore lunch on a little island with us eating grilled Lobsters, and Tuna on banana and palm leave plates, and drinking nice Champagne. Not too shabby. :party: Travelling with Croc is first class all the way. Just bring the AMEX Black card and you will have a blast. :jester: Tom
  12. Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Great Driving New Year for all of you 7 nuts.:party: And maybe Croc will finish the 2014 NJMP 7's video in 2015. :jester: Tom:seeya:
  13. This explains why Caterhams cost so much. The level of skill and detail that you have to complete this build just blows me away. I have no skill and it only took 80 hours of wrenching to put my Caterham kit together. The hardest part was figuring out which bolts to use as most of them came in one pack marked "miscellaneous" Hats off to your Skill and attention to detail. :flag::flag::cheers: Tom
  14. Merry Christmas everyone! Tom [/url]
  15. Hi Seb, PLEASE don't confuse me with Croc. :jester: Yes, Karl did load up on the carbon on the Orange car. He does have the whiskers as well as carbon wing things on the front wishbones. Can't say what effect if any it has as I'm still afraid to push the loud pedal down all the way. :jester: If you get rid of those cycle wings and put on some clams you can try out a set of my 10 inch hoosier's and see what a car that sticks is like. Merry Christmas.:seeya: Tom
  16. Hi Dave, I use to run the 20 inch hoosiers when I autoxed and they worked great. When I started tracking the car I noticed that the 20 inch tires were limiting my top end as they are only 64 inches in Diameter. Fine for autoxing but I moved up to the 22.5 inch ones for the track and with a 71 inch diameter they are closer in size to the original Avon CR500's that they car came with. Tom
  17. http://www.spcomponents.co.uk/
  18. Ok, I'll asks since no one else will. Are you running straight pipes without an exhaust can? I don't see one, and I'll assume that it's a Duratec since it exits on the right. What's the deal??? Tom
  19. Looks like it understeers a bit underwater. :jester:
  20. As long as we can get in and out of these little cars, we are still young at heart. And when we can't get in and out, Skip will build us all butt slings. :seeya: Tom
  21. Is it just the 7 cardioversions I had this week that is affecting my judgement or is almost $50K a bit much for a Lotus 7??? Tom
  22. yellowss7

    quick 7

    You mean like this???? :ack::ack::ack::ack: http://youtu.be/8FE_N7oIPvc
  23. Nah, Croc has pretty much nailed down our dates at NJMP.
  24. At John V's suggestion, I'll start the thread. Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham Alabama, is a very special place. Not only is it a great track, but the Museum, and other amenities are World Class. I don't know what it would take to get us there, but a Seven's gathering with on track time would be tremendous. So, with that as an intro, I'd say that two days on track minimum would be required to make the drive worthwhile for me. Three would be a bonus. Tours of the Shop and Museum would certainly be high on the list as would lunch. Dinner options could be discussed. For John's edification, the NJMP gathering this year had 18-20 cars on track. I think Barber could handle significantly more with no issue. We would like to have our own run group if possible as that worked well at NJMP as no matter the HP, all our cars handle well and turns aren't choke points like with other marques on track with us. I suspect we would need far more than 20 cars to make it any way reasonable cost wise. So we'd need John to give us some parameters on cost. So without much to go on as to dates, costs etc. Let's see a show of hands as to who might be up for a Seven's gathering at Barber Motorsports Park. Tom
  25. Hey John, good to here you are still there! We had a great time when we were there. If my memory serves me right, you drove that #19 lotus 11 around the track for a few parade laps during lunch. Barber was the first time I ever tracked my yellow caterham. I'd love to do the track again sometimes, just don't know if my butt could take the 18 hour tow again. Maybe we can get you to host one of our 7s gatherings. :cheers: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...