Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Dean, if you and your wife like art. Then the Barnes Museum, just behind St. Joseph's Univerisity's campus, has the largest collection of French Impressionist art out side of the Louvre. It's a neat little museum that you can tour with very limited attendance, hence a chance to view the art at your pace. http://www.barnesfoundation.org/ If you're looking for a nice little downtown bistro restaurant, try Fork. http://www.forkrestaurant.com/ It never disappoints. If you like medical oddities, try the Mutter museum. http://www.collphyphil.org/INDEX.ASP The Body World 2 exhibit is still in town at the Franklin Institue, that is simply amazing. http://www2.fi.edu/ http://www2.fi.edu/bodyworlds2/ assuming you like seeing a first hand anatomy lesson. (my wife and daughters loved it) Really!! The National Constitution Center is great make sure to stop there. I'll check with my wife for her recommendations too. Tom
  2. Dean, thats great! I've been there for a tour with a Jag club group that Dr. Simeone personally guided. He then took his D type out for a few laps of the parking lot. A very puddle filled parking lot.:willy_nilly: Multi million dollar Jag, splashing thru big puddles, and him with a huge grin on his face. If you are going to be up, let me know I'll drop by to say hello too. Tom
  3. Sorry Michael. Yep, I got the clams, windscreen, a Tonneau and the rear lights. Tom (your old autox buddy here in good old snowy Philly)
  4. Hey Lance, have you seen the light and thinking of getting another 7? Tom :seeya:
  5. They can have all they want from my place. 3rd 20+ inch snow storm this winter. We had 28.7 inches last Saturday, and we are getting 22+ today. No where to put it. Anyone see Al Gore lately? I'd like to ring his neck.:toetap05: Global Warming my A$$ Tom
  6. I have a DTA ECU as well, but mine is the older E48 model. 10 years old. No complaints. The Jenveys work very well with it. Tom
  7. The Sky is falling, The sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Oops, Nevermind, it's just Snow. MORE DAMN Snow!!:puke: Come on Busa, The Left coasters have assured us Global Warming is real. They wouldn't mislead us would they? :ack: Tom
  8. Yeah Jon, we're real lucky. After the guy plowed my driveway, I spent 3 hours shovelling the path to the doors and the small bit infront of the garages. Real Lucky. :deadhorse: Tom
  9. Michael, when you reply or post, scroll down a bit and you'll see a another screen called additional options, in that box is a manage attachments button, click on that, and then hit the browse button to select your pics and then hit upload. Easy Peasey. Tom
  10. Jerry, then for the good of the country let it snow another 6 feet. :smash: :seeya: Tom
  11. Alright, I know the members on the Left Coast believe in this Global warming myth, while they sit in 72 degree sunshine, but we here on the Right coast have had more of this So called Warming this winter than we care for. Philly average annual snowfall is around 10 inches. So far this year we had 28 inches and that doesn't count the 24 inches we are getting right now. We might dig out in time for Log 30 in October if we are lucky. BTW this is the 9 am pic. Snow is expected to continue thru the day until around midnight. Tom :cuss:
  12. Yeah, that's a lot of money for a race toy. But the upside is that as long as you don't crash it, they are not depreciating. It's sort of like art you can enjoy and play with. Now if I can only convice my wife that it's a great investment.:auto: Tom
  13. Steve, I think that white and Orange one is the one we saw at NJMP. Tom
  14. You won't believe this but after looking at that 11 I found this one for only $165,000.:seeya:
  15. I believe that somewhere in the past there was an attempt at litigation, but if my memory serves me right, I think I recall that Birkin had purchased the rights to produce a 7 from Lotus for South Africa I think? and that it was a carve out of the Caterham rights. Tom
  16. Alright, I'll bite. I have a Caterham so I'll give my view of them. I've seen a Birkin but I've no experience with them and I'll let others describe their experiences with them. I built my Cat and I have very limited mechanical skills. I am not a fabricator like some on this site. The Kit is VERY complete. Other than a couple of Odd Bolts/nuts and a few washers, everything was included. No need to source parts from Donors. Maybe I had to clean out a few threads here and there. But for the most part it was pretty much, Put Bolt A in Slot B. I did have to have two parts fabricated as I went with a LHD Drysumped K Series with a Hydraulic clutch and apparently Mine was the first of that configuration for Caterham at the time. A buddy made the parts and it works fine. Parts are readily available although somewhat pricey if you have to have them shipped across the pond. Dealer support is good. The car is well designed, Handles amazingly, and Knock on wood, has been extremely reliable. Downside is Cost. :ack: Caterhams seem to be a bit more expensive than Birkins. Buying a new one of either type is the most expensive way to do it. Just looking at the price of the one recently sold, you'd have to be crazy to buy a new one, assuming that car was as nice as it looked in pictures. You could by a new Cosworth duratec and drop it in that one and still come out way ahead. That Said, the 1999 CaterhamSuperlight that Craig Chima resently sold seems to have held its value very well. :cheers: As for looks, I think Caterhams and Birkins are the most similar looking of the 7 clones. I bet most Caterham and Birkin owners have to look for a few seconds to be sure of what one is at first glance. The other clones each have their own distinctive looks. I suspect that apples to apples, performance wise that they are equals. So in my estimation it comes down to your budget. No two Caterhams are exactly alike and I am sure that no two Birkins are alike either. Each car seems to be an individual that you have a say in. Color, state of tune, options, etc. Just my Opinion Tom
  17. I worked in Downtown Philly for 20 years. One day while waiting for a friend for lunch I watched a young guy with a baby in a stroller as he asked passerbys for money "since I lost my job and have to feed my baby" My friend was late and during the 15 minutes I watched he raked in a nice haul, I'd say 50% of the people he asked gave him a buck or two. Shortly before my friend arrived I watched him go halfway down the block and into the State Store ( a Liquor store in Pa.) Out he comes with a bottle in a brown paper bag, stuffs it in the stroller and hands it off to his wife or girlfriend and she starts the action all over. Never given to a panhandler since. Tom
  18. You're Right Andrew. There's Nothing like Gobblers Knob on a cold February Morning.:party: Tom
  19. Have you noticed that Al Bore has gone underground lately? Do you think he is hibernating and waiting for it to warm up before he sticks his head up again? :deadhorse: Tom
  20. That's a nice car for that kind of money. Someone is going to get a good deal. Tom
  21. Might as well add in the pair of rear taillights as well Thanks Tom
  22. Craig, I'll buy the windscreen, and the clams. On a previous post you mentioned a set of rear wings as well. If Those are available I'll take them too. What the heck, i'll take the tonneau as well. I'll call you today to complete the transaction, Thanks. Tom
  23. Ditto!!! Saw the Tank engine car on the BJ Auction. Amazing, Although our west coast friends may not think the 2 mpg was a good thing.:smash: Tom
  24. I hope you figure out a way to fix Global Warming quickly, because as soon as it warms up a bit, I'm going to be Burning up a lot of Sunoco 100 octane GT Race fuel. :jester::jester::jester: Tom
  25. Mazda is this the one you're buying? [/url] Tom
×
×
  • Create New...