2022 USA7s Event - New Jersey - Photo Thread

Croc

1 hour ago, NSXguy said:

Hats off to you for making that drive. I think by this time next year, there'll be a few more Cats in the states...maybe we can make a rally down to the track. That'll be epic. 

I'll tag along with a trailer but I'm not making the trip down by driving ever again..

4 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

I'll tag along with a trailer but I'm not making the trip down by driving ever again..

I’ve always trailered. Despite, or because of, my car’s frequent mileage this year I saved myself a Second trip: failed alternator voltage regulator and failed engine loom wire, (and broken fender stay: but that’s cosmetic). 
 I repaired both today & affirmed my decision not to drive. While I have parts on hand at home The repair would not have been easy at the track.

Edited by wemtd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Black Hole said:

...spotting a Brabham out of the corner of my eye entering a turn certainly was a wake up call. 

By the way, the Brabham was driven by a top driver - Bobby Brown - former Can Am and F5000 racer.  I stopped to chat with him (he's my neighbor) as I was driving out Monday afternoon.  He was chuckling at having weaved through the sevens group on Sunday.  

2012 SVRA Driver of the Year: Bobby Brown

15 hours ago, NSXguy said:

Hats off to you for making that drive. I think by this time next year, there'll be a few more Cats in the states...maybe we can make a rally down to the track. That'll be epic. 

Thanks, I would welcome the meet up and drive. This year Paul (wemtd) and myself were "spotted" by a friend of Blake's somewhere between Waterbury and Danbury on our drive

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Croc said:

By the way, the Brabham was driven by a top driver - Bobby Brown - former Can Am and F5000 racer.  I stopped to chat with him (he's my neighbor) as I was driving out Monday afternoon.  He was chuckling at having weaved through the sevens group on Sunday.  

2012 SVRA Driver of the Year: Bobby Brown

Thanks for the info. Very impressive resume. 

2 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Were there awards this year?

No - I ran out of time with travel and work commitments.  Besides which it is more fun picking on you with your propensity for making a complete hash of things.  :918766748_biggrinjester(1):

• Sad 1

Kudos to Mike & Tom for organizing another magical weekend.

This year, just as day 2 was off to an exceptional start my car had other ideas.  Fortunately one week later I’ve repaired both electrical gremlins & patched my fender stay. I can hardly wait to see what the track photographer Mike W. shot this year. I think he’s going to have some real gems!

cheers

p.

• Thanks 1

We will have several customers to attend next year, waiting on their Sevens to arrive. Plus, one customer who intended to be there but a incorrect downshift put paid his 2.0 Duratec and we are waiting on the replacement. Hope to attend myself next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

We will have several customers to attend next year, waiting on their Sevens to arrive. Plus, one customer who intended to be there but a incorrect downshift put paid his 2.0 Duratec and we are waiting on the replacement. Hope to attend myself next year.

Thanks Rick.   You are always welcome to come and say hi plus demonstrate your driving talents with a Caterham,.  Your comments are a great sign that you are having a successful run of matching happy customers with new Caterhams. 

If they want to try out their cars on track before the annual sevens event, ask them to PM me on this site.   There is a very well structured Green Group program at NJMP that gets you gently but progressively up to speed without some of the pressures other introductory programs have (e,g, SCCA or NASA).  Charlie (one of your customers) found it useful last weekend.  

Mike and Tom, 

Your efforts to organize and execute the annual Se7ens event, year after year, is so appreciated.  We have an absolute ball out on track, in the garage, and at dinner... and it all happens because you guys enable us to come together.

Many, many thanks for yet another terrific event!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Croc said:

Thanks Rick.   You are always welcome to come and say hi plus demonstrate your driving talents with a Caterham,.  Your comments are a great sign that you are having a successful run of matching happy customers with new Caterhams. 

If they want to try out their cars on track before the annual sevens event, ask them to PM me on this site.   There is a very well structured Green Group program at NJMP that gets you gently but progressively up to speed without some of the pressures other introductory programs have (e,g, SCCA or NASA).  Charlie (one of your customers) found it useful last weekend.  

I have no driving talents! Many years ago, when I was autocrossing a Pinto (don't laugh, I often beat out a BMW 1600 TII that a friend had brought back from his Army station in Germany) I came to the conclusion that Ferrari and Lotus were not scouting our local autocrosses for new talent..........

• Haha 1

Photo galleries are now live with some stunning photos from Mike Woeller and his wife of Windshadow Photography. 

Four galleries are here:

They include some on track and in pits photos of the Williams F1 car.  

Graham @fastg in his Locost

large.1030129137_09-18-202244247.jpeg.39

Des @NSXguy torquing up the wheel nuts

large.131327104_09-18-202244127.jpeg.382

I had to resize the photos to fit within the size limits of this website.  So some photos will look a little grainy.  

If you want a high res image then I can provide.  

• Thanks 1