-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Mike, send a note to Angus. Even though it's a Sumo Version he might be interested if he can't bring his over. Tom
-
Yeah, welcome to the nuthouse. As Karl said, put Monday June 27th and if you can Tuesday June 28th on your calendar. A bunch of us are planning to do a trackday at New Jersey Motorsports Park, in Millville NJ. No prior skill necessary, It will be a good opportunity to blow that carbon off the plugs and see what your new ride will do. Initial interest shows upwards of 15 7's may attend. It will be a nice get together even if you don't take it out on the track. No need to commit yet. Just save the date. More info to follow. Tom
-
You'd never get to drive it. You'd be polishing it all the time. By the time you finished you'd have to start again. It's a beautiful car, but I suspect taking out almost anywhere will result in the inevitable stone dings and road rash. Thus taking away from the purpose/beauty/value. IMO That being said I still like it. Tom
-
Correct Al. Jack Bahna
-
Al, here's couple of pictures of a slightly later period 7. You may remember this day from a few years back. Tom
-
:rofl::smilielol5::smilielol5:
-
KTM X-Bow finally on sale in North America
yellowss7 replied to supersportsp's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Have to say I agree with Morgan on this one. The atom and xbow are not sevens. Not even 7ish. Wow, Mopho and I agreeing. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Run for you life the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Tom -
No, Mike the 195hp is on the engine dyno. I have no false hopes to compete with those guys. Plus Croc is a semi professional having raced in his youth. :driving: I have plenty of room to improve on the driver side before I go chasing the big HP. Tom
-
Mike, I ordered my car/kit on Christmas eve 1999. It arrived in August of 2000. The engine came in September of 2000. I Went over to England the first week of May in 2001. I had some "issues" with the dealer that I had to sort out, but the car on the road by the time I went over in May. As you know, mine is a Superlight, But I specced the engine to the Superlight R level. Mine dynoed at 195.4 bp, so just slightly more than the SLRs of that time. The K engine is very light and revvy. That's the main difference between it and the Vauxhalls. Alex's and Rodgers cars had north of 250 bp and they were truly brutes. They felt muich faster than mine down the straights. Great sounds too. The R500 of Keiths, revved to almost 9K and anything above 5500 rpm was like the car was screaming that it was on fire. As he went thru the gears the sensation of speed increadible, Both the sounds and the G's. I Think mine is quick but I'm a wuss and I find my right foot must be too short to push the pedal al the way down going down the straights. I don't think I've been over 6500 Rpm down the straights in 6th at NJMP. I'm a big chicken. :ack: That being said I think my car is fast enough for me. I can't wait to see what Karl's, Ron's and Croc's big dogs can do. Tom
-
Mike, I ordered my car/kit on Christmas eve 1999. It arrived in August of 2000. The engine came in September of 2000. I Went over to England the first week of May in 2001. I had some "issues" with the dealer that I had to sort out, but I had the car on the road by the time I went over in May. As you know, mine is a Superlight, But I specced the engine to the Superlight R level. Mine dynoed at 195.4 bp, so just slightly or than the SLRs of that time. The K engine is very light and revvy. That's the main difference between it and the Vauxhalls. Alex's and Rodgers cars had north of 250 bp and they were truly brutes. They felt muich faster than mine down the straights. Great sounds too. The R500 of Keiths, revved to almost 9K and anything above 5500 rpm was like the car was screaming that it was on fire. As he went thru the gears the sensation of speed increadible, Both the sounds and the G's. I Think mine is quick but I'm a wuss and I find my right foot must be too short to push the pedal al the way down going down the straights. I don't think I've been over 6500 Rpm down the straights in 6th at NJMP. I'm a big chicken. :ack: That being said I think my car is fast enough for me. I can't wait to see what Karl's, Ron's and Croc's big dogs can do. Tom
-
I went over to England in 2001 and met up with a bunch of the UK7 owners at Stoneleigh and then went up to Cadwell Park to watch a trackday with the club. I got to ride along in several sessions, One in a Blackbird, which was wild for two reasons, 1st the sound of the car reving to 10k or more was just nuts and 2nd, because even though the guy was slower than all the other guys I rode with, he was the least experienced and missed almost every turn in and apex. :ack: I got to ride along with Keith Jecks in his R500 mentioned in the article. All I remember is my helmet banging off the rollbar on every shift. That car was a screamer! Keiths a hell of a driver too. For those of you who visit BlatChat, he's "Slipperman" although he use to go by ECK )ex chairman Keith'. I also rode along with two big HP Vauxhalls with Alex Wong and ECR "Roger Swift" Those cars and drivers were also extremely fast but they didn't seem as peaky as the K Series R500. But then I am biased to the K series. :cooldude: Tom
-
Hey Karl, what's the lastest on the installation of your new engine and sequential gearbox? Any good pics you can share with us? Tom
-
Al, I never Touched Bessie. I swear! :rofl: Do you smell a :troll::troll: ?
-
Great Al. Now, was that so difficult?:svengo: Just having you there will be good for another 5 guys showing up just to meet you. As for getting Bessie out on the track. There will be another set of dates in September that I'll try to get another group together for again. It will be nice to see you again and if you thought our dinners in Birmingham were fun, just wait until you see the show John, Croc, and Kitcat put on. Add Steve and a few more and they are going to have to wall off our section of the restaurant to keep the noise down. :party: Come on Spring! Tom
-
The biggest nutcase on the road in NJ...
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Good news all around Mike. :seeya: Won't be long now March is almost here! Can't wait to see the new one. Keep that trackday date open at all costs. :driving: Funny we still haven't heard from Al. I saw his name pop up one night in the "on Line" window. But he didn't respond to our taunts. Guess we need to ratchet up the pressure. Tom -
Issues with 13" wheel clearance on De Dion Caterham
yellowss7 replied to supersportsp's topic in Wheels and Tires
Michael's right. It's a common issue. BlatChat recommends grinding down the dedeion ear enough to fit. Tom -
Well, I certainly didn't need this to happen..
yellowss7 replied to snookwheel's topic in General Sevens Discussion
That's a strange failure isn't it? Looks like half of the friction material seperated from the disc. Shame as it looks like you had plenty of material left. What could have caused that to happen like that? Tom -
Inventor of the Workmate & designer of Lotus Elan
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in Off Topic
I have one that I still use. I think my dad bought it in the 70's. Nice, simple, folds up for easy storage. RIP Tom -
I don't have any plans to invite other car groups. This is an open to the public event that SCDA operates. I don't think SCDA will have any problems filling the grid. They didn't last year. They usually group drivers based on skill level as opposed to car capabilities. Like I said I ran with them last year, and there were, Z06's, Porsche GT3s, Mustangs, Elises, Miatas, etc in the intermidiate group I ran in. Every one was very courteous and wave by passes on the straights are the mandatory rule. I ran on Thunderbolt which is what we will run on the Tuesday event. It has a fast section and a tight section. I'd let them pass me on the front straight and could catch them before we got back onto the front straight, then they'd pull away and i'd catch them again. Lot's of fun. I just thought that a bunch of 7's out there together would be even more fun. If someone has a buddy who want to join us, that's fine. I think knowing the guys you run with is a good idea. If you remember its a driver ed event. No timing, no trophys. Then letting someone by is not only the right thing to do it's the safe thing to do. The goal is to have safe fun exploring the capabilities of the car and your skill. Some drivers are faster, some cars are faster. Who cares? If you want to race, then go to a race school and sign up for a race series. This is not racing. It's having fun, enjoying your car in a relatively safe environment. HOWEVER, you are at speed and YOU are responsible for your car's mechanical condition. Check your brake pads, Fluids, Do a nut and bolt tighening check, etc. You do need a helmet that meets their requirements. I think they like to see long sleeve shirts and pants, I think. So from my perspective, if we can get 15 or more 7s there, then at most there will be maybe 5-8 other cars in our group. I'll try to convince him them to let us run together. If some of the "Advanced" drivers qualify for the advanced group and would prefer to run with the big dogs, that's up to them. A fun, safe couple of days with a bunch of 7 owners is my goal. As I said before, the banter at dinner will be incredible and if KITCAT brings out the katnip again, who knows how many parking lot beauties will come of of the woodwork at the prospect of 15+ sevens to get rides in. :smilielol5: Tom
-
Yep, Karl, SCDA (sports Car Driver Assoc.) is the group that hold the event. As I said, I ran with them last year and they put on an nice event. I'm still hoping that as it gets closer to the time to register, if we still have this large of a group attending that I can convince him to let us have a 7's run group. If we get close to 20 cars I think we have a shot. I'll ping him again in March to see how registration is going. I'll try to hold us off as long as possible to give everyone the best shot at clearing their schedules. It's sort of a balancing game, we don't want to get shut out but don't want to cough up the money before it's really necessary. Tom
-
Mazda, I certainly would wave you by. Just self preservation. It's those wide body types that you'll have to contend with. Just make your mixture a little richer and flame them as you pull alongside. We are talking Monday June 27th and for those that are interested they are doing Thunderbolt on Tuesday June 28th. Several of us sound like we'll do both days. Say you're in and we will focus our efforts on Al, Jack and Jen. Peer pressure is a great tool. With everyone in we could get close to 20 7s together. :grouphug: Tom
-
Great Ron. We've got 13 possibles and I'm working on two others not on this forum. If we can embarass Mazda and Al into showing up. This could be a significant event. The smack talk leading up to the event has been building. The dinner the night before should be a real Hoot. Croc's wit alone will be worth the price of admission. So what do we have to do to get Bruce, Jen and Jack, Al and Mazda to join in on the fun? :party: COME ON SPRING!!! Tom
-
Bessie, I can't wait to see you. Any chance Al might let you out for a little fun in June? You missed Gettysburg last fall. Kitcat, Croc and I thought that you'd be the belle of the ball but Obviously Al is determined to keep you under wraps. So what are we going to have to do to get Al to respond? Tom
