CarlB Posted September 1 Posted September 1 I was stupid. I was at the track to do some testing. It started raining and I had very worn tires and wanted to make sure the car was running well. I lost it and got in a tire wall. It will get fixed. I have someone who is good at it and has the equipment to do it. Now if I can get Redline to get my parts order together I can get started. I built that stand to help me move it around and get it cleaned all over.
11Budlite Posted September 1 Posted September 1 That sucks, sorry to hear that. Glad you have a plan in place to get it fixed. I've spun off the track in the rain before, but thankfully there was plenty of runoff.
Xhilr8n Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 (edited) Put the Elise into a tire wall at Carolina Motorsport Park many years back, cold February track and only my second season tracking her. Remarkable how well those tire walls “catch” you. Tires fly up and you just stop. It all worked out very well, was down for a roll cage install by Kirt Wightman in two weeks so we just took her trailer down to the Road Atlanta area that day. Commemorated by a plaque in the garage Edited September 2 by Xhilr8n 2
Slonie Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Looks killer! What's the ETA for shipping? (and I assume they're going to remove the powertrain before shipping it?)
Exarkun1178 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 5 minutes ago, Slonie said: Looks killer! What's the ETA for shipping? (and I assume they're going to remove the powertrain before shipping it?) Not sure. No update yet on shipping timing.
williamwashere Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Received images of my 420R, getting prepped to be shipped! Might be in a container waiting on a boat by now! 5
Exarkun1178 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 1 minute ago, williamwashere said: Received images of my 420R, getting prepped to be shipped! Might be in a container waiting on a boat by now! Maybe well be on teh same boat / container? 1
theDreamer Posted September 6 Posted September 6 (edited) Photos taken Thursday evening on our way home from a huge Cruise Night held about 1 ½ hours drive from our home. It was around 8:00 ish and the sun was setting behind us. You can see the setting sun in the headlight bowls. I was asked by a professional photographer; what was my favourite view of my car? I said looking at the scenery in the reflections in the headlight bowls. He said; “I don’t know how to shot that.” So this was my wife’s first attempt at it. Edited September 6 by theDreamer 6
JB455 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 The ride home from Lime Rock was a little damp today. 4 2
CBuff Posted September 6 Posted September 6 I spy I looked around for you but you likely stepped away. 3
JB455 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 2 hours ago, CBuff said: I spy I looked around for you but you likely stepped away. Sorry to have missed you. I did get to meet several other Seven owners over the course of the weekend, including USA7s member Geoff "cobra8214" earlier today. 1
7Westfield Posted September 7 Posted September 7 All British show in Kansas City yesterday from the right Russ's brit built locost my Westfield 7 a real S2 "America" locost project w/Miata donor locost w/ GM v6 3 1
JB455 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 (edited) First time that my wife has been in the Seven this year- driving around try to find someplace open on Labor Day to get lunch. I just pulled out onto US-202 and the gas pedal dropped to the floor and engine dropped to idle. Throttle cable snapped off at the set screw where attaches to the pedal. Luckily, I keep a decent tool kit in the car and was able to get us back on the road in about 10-15 minutes. Wife was a good sport about it... and I was glad it didn't break when I was racing the rain home yesterday! Edited September 8 by JB455 8 1 1
Croc Posted September 8 Posted September 8 Zandvoort today. Using the same garage as Kimi Antonelli - Mercedes - from the recent Dutch F1 Grand Prix. 4 2 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now